Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Millennials Choose Parents’ Homes Over Romance

http://realtormag.realtor.org/daily-news/2016/05/25/millennials-choose-parents-homes-over-romance?om_rid=AADG2i&om_mid=_BXRe39B9OBATbp&om_ntype=RMODaily

I think this is really interesting.  I have not lived with my parents since I moved away to college (and I am not married).  I also moved across the country twice and never back home, however I will admit that when I moved to Florida I did live with my sister for 2 years. It is interesting the static below that less women live with parents which coincides with the post from the other day regarding that single women are the second highest purchasers of homes behind married couples.

Here area few quotes from the article:

Young adults between the ages of 18 to 34 are more likely to live with a parent than to get married or move in with a romantic partner, according to a newly released analysis of Census data by the Pew Research Center.

This is the first time in more than 130 years in which young adults have chosen their parents’ homes over forming their own households, the study notes.

Young men are living at the family home at the greatest numbers. About 35 percent of young adult men were living with a parent compared to 29 percent of women. About 14 percent of 18 to 34 year olds live alone, the study shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment