Sunday, April 24, 2016

Real Estate Scams on Popular Sites

On a consistent basis, I receive phone calls from people asking to see my rental property, usually I respond that it is only for sale yet they will then share that they see it for rent online.  Many scammers tend to take vacant for sale listings and list them for rent online to get renters deposits then magically disappear.

Last week I received a new scam, a local roofer called me and asked if my recently sold listing was in need of a new roof. In reality the home was still for sale and had a new roof replaced last year. Someone was trying to scam this local roofer, yet he was savvy enough to do some due diligence by calling me to ask questions.  I am not sure what the end game of the scam was but its a good reminder to be cautious when doing business, no matter your industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment